Problems with ETKEY? Check installation guide HERE

• Page:

TOPIC: New year, time for some changes

New year, time for some changes 2 months 2 weeks ago #6875

• aimbrosia
  • More Details
    • Duts.
    • Thank you received:159
Me, Monkeylord and Darkcat have a very high ping (+500/600), especially in the evenings. Was one of the reasons why we switched to a different host in the past. Unplayable. Similar problems in the past with Hetzner ISP in Germany. (High ping, packet-loss, initializing screen). In this case below, Belgium and The Netherlands.

Sorry but.. Suggestion: Gameservers.com (location: Amsterdam NL)

Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by aimbrosia.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New year, time for some changes 2 months 1 week ago #6876

• rad0g0st
  • More Details
    • Thank you received:37
I think that there were more problems with the providers from the Netherlands, send a ticket.

New year, time for some changes 2 months 1 week ago #6877

• leroy04
  • More Details
    • a
    • Thank you received:249
I'll send a ticket and ask for some solution for this issue.

The provider we use (dediserverhosting) uses dedicated servers from hetzner, and the problem is in the routing from the ISP to the GSP (if you do traceroute to the server IP while you have high ping you will see the high pings are about the 7th-8th step, in Level3 that is one of the 'big providers' of internet for companies.

I already sent a ticket with your screenshot to see if they can help with anything, if you can post the traceroute to the server IP meanwhile I can attach it.

About your suggestion:
- Gameservers uses the official server binary (2.6b) and as far as I know (and as far I tested 2 years ago, and one of the reasons that brought L|L server down) it's vulnerable to some exploits (crash the server with vsay longer than X characters), and they don't give full support as it's an outdated game (this is an actual reply for a support ticket sent few years ago).

Besides that, it's more expensive (we pay atm about 0.6€/slot)

Anyway, if you people want again another IP change and all the work related to it, go ask Darkwing and expose these issues, if he agrees then you can move it ;)
  • Page:
Moderators: swissy
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds